Ram Trucks Australia completes its local range with the introduction of the new version of its largest single-spec truck in Australia, the Ram 3500 Laramie.
- 2022 Ram 3500 Prices and Specifications
- Ram rolls out his largest truck to Australia
- A single high-spec variant sits atop the local Ram lineup
- Priced from $162,950 excluding to-go costs
Ram Trucks Australia will start offering the new generation 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie Heavy Pickup in Australia, with the new version of the manufacturer’s largest local offering topping a revised range of three models.
The updated Ram 3500 sits above both the new DT Series 1500 and the recently revised 2500, delivering some of the highest towing capacities and payloads in the industry.
Part of the local Ram range, the Ram 3500 Crew Cab is only offered in Laramie spec and costs from $162,950 before to-go charges.
As with all Ram vehicles sold by the factory Ram Trucks Australia – instead of independent importers and converters with no ties to the factory – the 3500 is being converted into a right-hand drive car in Melbourne by the Walkinshaw Automotive Group, which also remanufactures Chevrolet pickups and finalizes the W-series Volkswagen Amarok 580 .
Like its smaller 1500 and 2500 stable mates – both of which came in new model generations earlier in 2021 – the Ram 3500 went through the same design and homologation process as when bringing this new generation of pickups to Australia.
Ram Trucks Australia states that this process involved 50,000 hours of pre-build development, 80,000 km of rolling road testing and 50,000 km of real-world driving.
The high-spec Ram 3500 Laramie is powered by a 6.7-litre inline-six Cummins turbo diesel engine that delivers 276 kW/1152 Nm on the road via a four-wheel drive system. A six-speed automatic transmission with torque converter is the only transmission available.
A two-stage longitudinal solid shaft, together with those high engine powers, provide a payload of 1724 kg. The Ram 3500 can also tow up to eight tons (if equipped with the correct hitch and air brakes).
Standard equipment includes infotainment system with 12-inch touchscreen (compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), 10-speaker Alpine stereo system, 7.0-inch display in the instrument panel, partial leather upholstery, 18-inch wheels, LED headlights and taillights, 360-degree surround-view camera and dual-zone climate control.
Safety systems include autonomous emergency braking, lane warning, adaptive cruise control and tire pressure monitoring.
An additional Driver Assist package ($1950) adds blind spot monitoring with cross path and trailer detection. Metallic and pearlescent paint will cost an additional $950.
The 2022 Aries 3500 Laramie is now in the showroom.
2022 Aries 3500 Australian Prizes
- Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab – $162,950
Note: The above price does not include on-road costs.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie standard features:
- 6ft 4in (1939mm) Bucket
- 12-inch Uconnect 4 infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and satellite navigation
- 7.0-inch instrument panel display
- Part leather seats with 6-seat layout
- Heated and ventilated front outer seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with heating
- Two-zone automatic climate control
- 40:20:40 front and 60:40 rear folding seats
- Premium Alpine sound system with 10 speakers and subwoofer
- Full LED headlights
- 18-inch polished aluminum rims
- Digital rear view mirror
- Side steps with Ram logos
- Acoustic glass
- Cushioned tailgate with release
- Active Noise Canceling System
- Adaptive cruise control
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Trailer Brake Control with Pendulum Control
- Lane departure warning
- Parking sensors front and rear
- 360 degree camera
The optional $150 Driver Assist package adds:
- Blind spot monitoring with cross path and trailer detection