Over the past week, our sister site HDRams.com has broken down the details surrounding the new Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4 package for the 2023 model year. With its Power Wagon styling, the new Rebel package will focus on offering 4×4 off-road capability with HEMI petrol or Cummins diesel power. But for those who still want the most hardcore off-road capable pickup on the market, the Power Wagon will still be available for 2023.
As the industry’s most capable off-road production truck, the Power Wagon features a unique suspension, factory lift, electronic transfer case, locking front and rear differentials, electronically detachable front sway bar and a 12,000 lb. WARN Zeon-12 winch with plastic line as standard equipment. Power Wagon also features a 360-degree camera, including forward-facing camera gridlines to help navigate obstacles.
Our astute spy photographers just happened to catch one of these updated 2023 Power Wagon models in testing this past week. Coincidentally, this particular model is the luxury-focused Power Wagon Level 3 package.
The Power Wagon Level 3 pack includes the following equipment…
- 17 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium sound
- 2nd-Row of storage bins in the floor
- Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
- Mirror mounted auxiliary reversing lights
- Bi-Functional LED Projector Headlights
- Black door mirrors
- Body color door handles
- Electrically adjustable convex auxiliary mirrors
- Electronic Shift-On-The-Fly Transfer Case
- Exterior mirrors with additional signals
- Exterior mirrors Courtesy lights
- Exterior mirrors with heating element
- Memory door mirrors
- Door trim panel Foam bottle insert
- Floor mats front and rear
- Accent lighting front door
- Power Wagon Vertical Bar Grille
- Aluminum lithograph with black edges for instrument panel
- Badge on the instrument panel ‘Power Wagon’
- Leather-covered bucket seats
- LED dome lamp with on/off switch
- LED interior lighting
- Luxury door trim
- Mirror Running Lights
- Electric folding black trailer towing mirrors with memory
- LED overhead lights
- Power adjustable pedals with memory
- Premium overhead console
- Rain sensitive wipers
- Back door accent lighting
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Remote start system
- Remote unlocking of the tailgate
- Black Rotary Shifter with Silver Stripe
- Security alarm
- Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Trailer towing mirrors
- uconnect® 5 Nav with 12.0 inch touchscreen
- Universal garage door opener
For 2023, the Ram 2500 Power Wagon Level 3 gets an all-new 12-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) meter cluster, a new Sport Performance Hood, as well as the new power-telescopic mirrors found on other 2023 models. There has been a lot of love/hate reaction to the spy photos of the new mirrors, but our sources have said these will be the most advanced mirrors ever designed by the Product Design Studio in Auburn Hills.
Those sources have indicated that two variants will be available (manual adjustment/power adjustment). The new mirrors can be electrically extended and integrated into the memory seat control. The new design incorporates a number of current and new technologies in an advanced unit. This includes LED turn signals, entry lighting, electronic control glass, temperature sensor, heated main and spotter glass, blind spot indicator, rear and front lights, 360-degree camera and tow camera.
We were told that production of the 2023 Ram Heavy Duty Pickups and Chassis Cabs will begin on Monday, October 3, 2022 at the Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant in Mexico.
Stay tuned to HDRams.com for all the latest news, information and rumors about the Ram Heavy Duty series.
2023 Ram 2500 Power Wagon Level 3 Photo Gallery: