At this week’s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show, Mopar decided to remove the covers from its latest limited-edition Mopar car, the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango. The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango is the 12th vehicle in the lineup’s history, inheriting many of its features from the highly popular Mopar 11′ Dodge Charger.
Based on the 2022 Dodge Durango R/T Tow N’ Go package introduced last year, the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango transforms the 5.7-liter HEMI V8-powered three-row SUV into a powerful performance offering thanks to some goodies from the Durango SRT parts bin. Still maintaining its best-in-class rating of 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque, the 5.7-liter HEMI is mated to a ZF-sourced 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission.
The Tow N’ Go package offers a best-in-class towing capacity of 8,700 pounds; an increased top speed of 145 mph; Track, Sport, Snow and Tow riding modes; and a re-tuned SRT performance exhaust for some extra exhaust note.
The Mopar ’22 also features Performance Pages, retuned SRT active noise cancellation, electronic differential lock and SRT active damping. There’s also a set of 20-inch x 10-inch “Lights Out” wheels wrapped in Pirelli rubber, while a Mopar 1-inch lower kit provides better handling, tighter cornering and quicker cornering response.
Furthermore, the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango has the following features…
- Offset Mopar blue stripe (running and over the vehicle)
- Mopar blue “Mopar” front grille decal
- Mopar blue “Brembo” branded calipers
- Mopar ’22 I/P Badge with Serialized Build Number
- Leather and suede front seats with backrests with Mopar logo
- Mopar blue accent stitching (seats, I/P, center console and doors)
- Mopar Pedal Kit
- Mopar weatherproof floor mats
Each Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango comes with a custom owner’s kit that includes a personalized metal certificate of authenticity with a serial number and a special representation of the vehicle by the Mopar Design team.
Production of the Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango will be limited to just 250 units (200 for the US and 50 for Canada). Those wishing to purchase a Mopar ’22 edition can do so at their local Dodge dealer. They must order a 2022 Dodge Durango R/T AWD with Plus Group and Tow N Go Package in order to order the Mopar ’22 package. Customers can choose from two different exterior color combinations (DB Black or White Knuckle).
The Mopar ’22 package has a US manufacturer’s recommended retail price (MSRP) of $3,995 (price for the Canadian market to be released). Orders for the vehicles will take place in the first quarter of 2022 and the vehicles will arrive at dealerships in the summer of 2022.
The Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango joins a long list of Mopar limited edition vehicles…
Mopar has been producing limited edition vehicles since 2010.
- Mopar ’10 Dodge Challenger R/T
- Mopar ’11 Dodge Charger R/T
- Mopar ’12 Chrysler 300S
- Mopar ’13 Dodge Dart
- Mopar ’14 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
- Mopar ’15 Dodge Charger R/T Performance Kit
- Mopar ’16 Ram 1500 Rebel
- Mopar ’17 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker
- Mopar ’18 Dodge Durango SRT
- Mopar ’19 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Shaker
- Jeep® Wrangler JPP 20 (Limited Edition Series)
- Mopar ’21 Aries 1500
- Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango R/T Tow N’ Go
What do you think of the new Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango? Let us know in the comments below or on the MoparInsiders.com forums.
Mopar ’22 Dodge Durango Limited Edition Image Gallery: