AUBURN HILLS, Michigan, August 15, 2022
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ —
- Enthusiast demand fuels the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat’s renaissance after its first run as a one-year model
- 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat unveiled during the first day of the three-day Dodge Speed Week event, which will also include announcements about Dodge Gateway Muscle and Future Muscle products at August 16 and August 17respectively
- Three-row muscle SUV 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat delivers 710 horsepower and 645 lb.-ft. torque and joins Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger in offering SRT Hellcat models
- Durango SRT Hellcat clocks 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds, a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) certified quarter mile elapsed time of 11.5 seconds and a top speed of 180 mph
- Durango SRT Hellcat expands the Durango range to six models, joining the Durango SXT, GT, R/T, Citadel and SRT 392
- 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat open for orders in Sep 2022
- For complete information about Dodge and the brand’s Never Lift plan, which provides a 24-month roadmap to Dodge’s future performance, visit Dodge.com and DodgeGarage.com.
Back for the 2023 model year, the Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat is poised to reclaim its rightful mantle as the world’s most powerful SUV.
The 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat loses nothing in its rebirth, again fueled by the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Hellcat V-8 engine that produces 710 horsepower and 645 lb.-ft. of couple. First introduced as a model for just one year for 2021, the Durango SRT Hellcat is coming back to life thanks to enthusiast demand and remains the perfect choice for SUV muscle enthusiasts with families.
“The Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat has generated an insane amount of enthusiasm and demand since its introduction in 2020 – we even extended its first production run – so it seemed appropriate to bring back the most powerful SUV ever as part of our historic 2023 model year. Dodge lineup,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge brand chief executive officer – Stellantis. “Muscle lovers have families too, and the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat can take those families where they want to go and has the ability to tow 8,700 pounds.”
The 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat was unveiled at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan, during the first day of the three-day Dodge Speed Week event, with announcements about current Dodge products. Dodge Speed Week includes additional announcements about Dodge Gateway Muscle and Future Muscle products at August 16 and August 17respectively.
The 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat has numbers to back up its performance claims: The Hellcat can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, tick off a National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) certified quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.5 seconds, and reach a top speed of 180 mph.
Dodge Durango rejoins Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger in offering SRT Hellcat models. The Durango SRT Hellcat also expands the Durango range to six models, joining the Durango SXT, GT, R/T, Citadel and SRT 392.
Orders for the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat to open in Sep 2022with the Hellcat expected to arrive at dealerships in early 2023.
Heart of a Hellcat – Revived
The 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat remains Dodge to the core, starting under the hood where the heart of a Hellcat continues to beat. SRT engineers developed and tested the supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V-8 Hellcat engine to optimize it for the Durango. As with the previous Durango SRT Hellcat, the engine’s key performance features and components include:
- Dedicated cooling circuit for the charge air coolers integrated into the compressor housing, including a pump, coolant reservoir and heat exchanger, designed to keep the air in the engine cooler than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Twin-screw rotors in the supercharger set close by to minimize air leakage and ensure maximum performance
- Integrated electronic bypass valve controls boost pressure up to 11.6 psi (80 kPa); the 2.38-litre supercharger uses a 2.36:1 drive ratio and has a maximum speed of 14,600 rpm
- Cast iron engine block with water jackets between the cylinders for optimal cooling
- Forged steel crankshaft with induction hardened bearing surfaces
- Specially tuned crankshaft damper, burst tested to 13,000 rpm
- High-strength forged alloy pistons
- Powder-forged connecting rods with high-load bushings and diamond-like carbon-coated gudgeon pins
- Piston-cooling oil jets
- Heat Treated Aluminum Alloy Cylinder Heads
- Sodium-cooled exhaust valves, hollow stem intake valves and steel alloy heads that can withstand temperatures as high as 1,652 degrees Fahrenheit (900 degrees Celsius)
- Cold air intake in the lower front panel helps feed the supercharger and 92mm throttle body of the Hellcat engine
- Exhaust system tuned to deliver a throaty Dodge DNA sound
- TorqueFlite 8HP95 eight-speed automatic transmission has paddle shifters on the steering wheel for manual shifting and has seven available drive modes: Auto, Sport, Track, Snow, Tow, Eco and Valet.
The Durango SRT Hellcat inherits distinctive Dodge DNA, with bold styling including a front panel with a chin splitter, engine oil cooler duct, air duct and snorkel for cold air induction. The rear spoiler provides aerodynamic balance and significant downforce of 140 lbs. @ 180 km/h.
The Durango’s forward-leaning profile includes low/high LED headlamps, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and a sculpted hood and grille. The front provides a wide cross-car read. SRT Hellcat fender badges stamp the Durango as a Hellcat.
Inside, the driver-focused cockpit is refined, luxurious and high-tech throughout, with an available 10.1-inch touchscreen that faces 7 degrees towards the driver. Unique to the SRT Hellcat are gauges with red accents and heated and ventilated nappa leather with suede front seats with an embroidered SRT logo as standard.
Other highlights of the Durango SRT Hellcat model include:
- Standard Electric Power Steering (EPS) with selectable steering tuning for more grip
- EPS and SRT driving modes accessible via the 10.1-inch Uconnect infotainment display, allowing drivers to choose their experience behind the wheel by controlling inputs such as shift speeds, steering, paddle shifts, traction, four-wheel drive (AWD) and suspension
- Unique Uconnect features for Durango SRT models include:
- “Smoke Show” start-up animation
- Climate control page with Dodge stripe icon for climate control and “Mode person” with racing helmet
- Unique Serpentine Font used throughout the Durango display system
- Vehicle icon on the homepage “category bar” with Durango image with SRT logo
- SRT driving modes with Street (Auto), Sport and Track settings, and a custom setting so drivers can choose individual preferences
- The Launch Control function is easily accessible via a toggle switch in the cockpit, which manages tire slippage during vehicle launch, allowing the driver to achieve consistent linear acceleration
- Launch Assist uses wheel speed sensors to watch for drivetrain-damaging wheel hop at launch and adjusts engine torque in milliseconds to regain full grip
- Excellent braking performance thanks to Brembo high-performance six-piston, two-piston (front) and four-piston (rear) calipers and ventilated discs on all four corners of 15.75-inch (front) and 13.8-inch (rear)
- Durango-specific tuning, weight distribution, wheelbase and less understeer provide more grip and better cornering
Customize the cat
Enthusiasts have more options to personalize the 2023 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat with available Plus and Premium packs that deliver even more content. The Plus package for the Durango SRT Hellcat includes premium Laguna leather seats, a tow hitch group, an electric sunroof and adaptive and advanced safety features.
The Premium package adds to the Plus features with red seat belts, a leather-wrapped instrument panel, carbon fiber interior accents and a Harman Kardon Sound system with 19 speakers.
Unveiled at the M1 Concourse, the Durango SRT Hellcat showcases the available Blacktop package, which includes Gloss Black badges, Gloss Black mirror caps and 20-inch Black Noise wheels.
For over 100 years, the Dodge brand has continued the spirit of brothers John and Horace Dodge. Their influence continues today as Dodge shifts into high gear with muscle cars and SUVs delivering unparalleled performance in each of the segments in which they compete.
Dodge drives forward as a pure performance brand, offering SRT versions of every model across the lineup. For the 2022 model year, Dodge will supply the drag-strip-dominant 807-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock, the 797-hp Dodge Charger SRT Redeye, the world’s most powerful and fastest mass-produced sedan, and the Dodge Durango SRT 392, America’s fastest, most powerful and capable three-row SUV. Combined, these three muscle cars from Dodge make the most powerful brand in the industry, with more horsepower than any other American brand in the entire range.
In 2020, Dodge was named the #1 Brand in Initial Quality, making it the first ever domestic brand to be ranked #1 in the JD Power Initial Quality Study (IQS). In 2021, the Dodge brand was ranked #1 in the JD Power APEAL Study (Mass Market), making it the only domestic brand to do so for two years in a row.
Dodge is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellaantis. For more information about Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), visit www.stellantis.com.
Follow Dodge and company news and video at:
Company Blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Dodge Brand: www.dodge.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/dodge and @StellantisNA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/dodge, https://www.youtube.com/StellantisNA
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-cat-is-back-2023-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat–most-powerful-suv-ever– returns-to-dodge-setup-301605985.html